Sunday, July 28, 2024

God's Hands and Made and Fashioned Me - Psalms 119:73

Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse seventy-three begins the next section of this Psalm with the Hebrew letter “JOD” where the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “your hands have made me and fashioned me” where we read,

Your hands have made me and fashioned me:

give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments.

The verse begins, “Your hands have made me and fashioned me: The Psalmist began with the words, “your hands” or “your, Jehovah God's, hands of authority, strength and power” “have made me” which means “have accomplished, produced and prepared me, the Psalmist” “and fashioned me” or “and established, made stable, set and fixed me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist recalled how Jehovah God not only prepared him, but He also set and established him.

The verse goes on to say, “give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “give me understanding” or “grant, bestow and furnish to me, the Psalmist, discernment, consideration, observation and insight”, “that I may learn” which means “so I, the Psalmist, might be instructed, taught and trained in” “your commandments” or “your, Jehovah God's, Divine laws, ordinances and precepts”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to provide him with discernment and insight so that he might be taught His ordinances and laws.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist recognized Jehovah God created him and gave him life, and therefore he wanted to be trained in God's “commandments”. God created us, and when we violated His “law”, we sinned and were destined to die and forever be separated from Him. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins, and when we put our faith and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and grant us “understanding” so that we may not only “learn” His “commandments” but also to observe them.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “they that fear you will be glad when they see me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment