Sunday, July 14, 2024

You are My God - Psalms 118:28

In Psalms one hundred eighteen the Psalmist said, “God is the LORD, which has showed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar, and in chapter one hundred eighteen and verse twenty-eight of Psalms the Psalmist said, “you are my God” where we read,

You are my God, and I will praise you: you are my God, I will exalt you.

The verse begins, You are my God, and I will praise you:” The Psalmist began with the words, “you are my God” or “you, Jehovah God, exist as the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “and I will praise you” which means “and I, the Psalmist, shall confess, laud, adore, revere, give thanks to and worship you, Jehovah God”. The Psalmist told Jehovah God that He was his Divine judge, and he purposed to worship and give Him thanks.

The verse continues, “you are my God, I will exalt you .” The Psalmist added the words, “you are my God” or “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, the Psalmist's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “I will exalt you” which means “I, the Psalmist, shall lift up, make lofty and raise you, Jehovah God”. The Psalmist told Jehovah God that He would lift Him up and make Him lofty.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist declared Jehovah God to exist as his Divine judge and Supreme God. He determined to lift up and make Jehovah God lofty in the world, and the same may be done by us when we realize how wonderful He is. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender our lives to Him as our personal “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to be among the people who worship and adore Him for all eternity.

Next time the Psalmist says, “O give thanks unto the LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment