Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Your Word Have I Hid in My Heart - Psalms 119:11

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist's said to Jehovah God, “With my whole heart have I sought you: O let me not wander from your commandments”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse eleven of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “your word have I hid in my heart where we read,

Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

The verse begins, Your word have I hid in my heart, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “your word” or “your, Jehovah God's, speech, commandments and promises” “have I hid” which means “have I, the Psalmist, treasured, stored up and reserved” “in my heart” or “within my, the Psalmist's, soul, mind, will, desires, living being, conscience and seat of emotions and passions”. The Psalmist said he treasured and reserved Jehovah God's commandments and promises within his soul, mind and will for the following purpose.

The verse continues, “... that I might not sin against you.” The Psalmist added the words, “that I might not sin” or “so I, the Psalmist, would in no way or manner miss the way, go wrong, incur guilt, forfeit or incur penalty” “against you” which means “in opposition to you, Jehovah God”. The Psalmist said the reason he treasured and reserved Jehovah God's commandments and promises within his soul was so that he would in no way or manner miss the mark or go wrong in opposition to Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist knew the importance of keeping Jehovah God's commandments and promises within his soul, mind and will. In other words, not only would he memorize the word of God, but it would become the very source by which he kept from doing wrong against God. God loves us, and He knows we have sin in our lives. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins, and when we yield to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us by His Holy Spirit to live and be reminded of what He has said in His word. (See John 16:13)

Next time the Psalmist says, “blessed are you, O LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment