Friday, July 19, 2024

Make Me to Understand Your Precepts - Psalms 119:27

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “My soul cleaves unto the dust: quicken you me according to your word. I have declared my ways, and you heard me: teach me your statutes”, and in Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse twenty seven of Psalms the Psalmist said, “make me to understand the way of your precepts” where we read,

Make me to understand the way of your precepts: so shall I talk of your wondrous works.

The verse begins, Make me to understand the way of your precepts: The Psalmist began with the words, “make me to understand” or “cause me, the Psalmist, to perceive, discern, know, distinguish, consider and have discernment toward” “the way of your precepts” which means “the journey, manner, road and direction pertaining to your, Jehovah God's, statutes, mandates, appointments and laws”. The Psalmist beckoned Jehovah God to cause Him to perceive and know the manner of His statutes and laws.

The verse goes on to say, “so shall I talk of your wondrous works.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “so shall I talk” or “therefore, wherefore and on this account will I, the Psalmist, meditate, muse, commune, ponder and speak” “of your wondrous works” which means “pertaining to your, Jehovah God's, marvelous, wonderful, surpassing and extraordinary labors, acts and deeds”. The Psalmist declared that He would meditate and speak of Jehovah God's extraordinary acts and deeds.

When we consider the Psalmist's words in this verse, we see how he desired to know God's law, and He shared how He would speak of God's extraordinary acts and deeds. God wants us to know His word, and when we realize He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to know, keep and share His law in this world.

Next time the Psalmist says, “my soul melts for heaviness”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment