Thursday, July 25, 2024

I Thought on My Ways - Psalms 119:59

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I entreated your favor with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to your word”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse fifty-nine of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I thought on my ways” where we read,

I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto your testimonies.

The verse begins, “I thought on my ways, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “I thought” or “I, the Psalmist, calculated, made a judgment, reckoned and regarded” “on my ways” which means “upon my, the Psalmist's, journey, road, path and manner of living”. The Psalmist referred to how he made judgments and calculated his manner of living.

The verse continues, “... and turned my feet unto your testimonies.” The Psalmist added the words, “and turned my feet” or “and returned and brought back my, the Psalmist's, physical feet” “unto your testimonies” which means “toward your, Jehovah God's, Divine witnesses”. The Psalmist said he returned his feet or path of living toward Jehovah God's witness after thinking about his journey.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist examined his own way of living, and after considering his path, he “turned” toward the way God said to live. Paul the apostle wrote, “if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged” (See 1 Corinthians 11:31), and when we humble ourselves and admit when we need our path to be altered, God will show us His way. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and this altered the path for every person who believes and trusts in Him. God wants to forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and to “turn” us from a way that is separate and apart from Him to having a personal relationship with Him for all eternity.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I made haste, and delayed not”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment