Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Delighting in God's Statutes - Psalms 119:16

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist's said to Jehovah God, “I will meditate in your precepts, and have respect unto your ways”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse sixteen of Psalms the Psalmist declared to Jehovah God, “I will delight myself in your statutes where we read,

I will delight myself in your statutes: I will not forget your word.

The verse begins, I will delight myself in your statutes: The Psalmist began with the words, “I will delight myself” or “I, the Psalmist, shall please my own self” “in your statutes” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, limits, enactments and appointments”. The Psalmist said he would make himself pleased within the ordinances and appointments of Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say, “I will not forget your word.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “I will not forget” or “I, the Psalmist, shall in no way ignore, allow to wither and cease to care for” “your word” which means “your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance, business and advice”. The Psalmist said he would not allow Jehovah God's speech and advice to be forgotten and ignored by him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist determined to be pleased and joyful within the ordinances and limits of God's law. He purposed not to allow God's speech and utterances to be forgotten, and this is God's desire for every person. God loves us, and He knows what is best for us. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender to Jesus as our “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and teach us to “delight” in His precepts and to never “forget” His “word”.

Next time we begin the next section of Psalm chapter one hundred nineteen with the Hebrew alphabet letter GIMEL where the Psalmist says, Deal bountifully with your servant, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment