Monday, July 29, 2024

Fearing When They See Me - Psalms 119:74

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “Your hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse seventy-four the Psalmist said, “they that fear you will be glad when they see me” where we read,

They that fear you will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in your word.

The verse begins, “They that fear you will be glad when they see me; The Psalmist began with the words, “they that fear you” or “the people whether male or female who reverence, respect and are in awe of you, Jehovah God” “will be glad” which means “shall exist as exulted, joyful and rejoicing” “when they see me” or “at the time and moment they, the people who are in awe of Jehovah God, observe, behold, notice and discern me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said the people who are in awe and reverence of Jehovah God would be happy and joyful when they observe him.

The verse continues, “because I have hoped in your word.” The Psalmist added the words, “because I have hoped” or “since and on account that I, the Psalmist, have expectation, trust and patience” “in your word” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance, sayings, business, occupation, acts and manner”. The Psalmist said the reason people who revered Jehovah God would be joyful when they saw him was because he had expectation and trust within the speech and acts of Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist knew people who revered Jehovah God would be joyful at the time they observed him on account that he trusted in and had expectation within the utterances of Jehovah God. God's word is to be trusted because He is faithful and only has the best interest of people in mind. God loves us, and He proved it when He sent His Son Jesus to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we yield to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and cause others to be joyful over us because we hope in His “word”.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I know, O LORD, that your judgments are right”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment