Sunday, July 28, 2024

The Proud have Forged a Lie - Psalms 119:69

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “You are good, and do good; teach me your statutes”, and in chapter one hundred and nineteen and verse sixty-nine of Psalms the Psalmist said, “the proud have forged a lie against me” where we read,

The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep your precepts with my whole heart.

The verse begins, “The proud have forged a lie against me: The Psalmist began with the words, “the proud” or “the arrogant, insolent and presumptuous” “have forged a lie” which means “have smeared, plastered over and imputed falsehood, deception, fraud, wrong and vanity” “against me” or “in opposition to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said people who were arrogant and presumptuous imputed and smeared falsehood and deception in opposition to him.

The verse continues,but I will keep your precepts with my whole heart.” The Psalmist added the words, “but I will keep” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, the Psalmist, shall guard, watch over, preserve and observe” “your precepts” which means “your, Jehovah God's, statutes, mandates and appointments” “with my whole heart” or “by the use of my, the Psalmist's, total, entire and all of his soul, mind, will, desires, living being, conscience and seat of emotions and passions”. The Psalmist said he would watch over and observe the mandate of Jehovah God with his total and entire soul.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist encountered people who were lying in opposition to him, and his response was to observe the commandments and law of Jehovah God with all his soul. God loves people, and He provided His law and mandates to provide and protect those who believe and trust in Him. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to observe His commandments even while others are lying against us.

Next time the Psalmist says, “their heart is as fat as grease”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment