Friday, July 12, 2024

Open the Gates of Righteousness - Psalms 118:19

In Psalms one hundred eighteen the Psalmist said, “The LORD has chastened me sore: but he has not given me over unto death”, and in chapter one hundred eighteen and verse nineteen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “open to me the gates of righteousness” where we read,

Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:

The verse begins with the words, Open to me the gates of righteousness: The Psalmist began with the words, “open to me” or “let loose, free and break forth to me, the Psalmist” “the gates of righteousness” which means “the opening or door pertaining to justice, rightness, deliverance, victory and prosperity”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to let loose the open doors to what is right, just and victorious.

The verse continues, “I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:” The Psalmist added the words, “I will go unto them” or “I, the Psalmist, shall enter, go forth and be brought to the open gates”, “and I will praise” which means “and I, the Psalmist, shall laud, confess and be thankful to” “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist said he would not only enter the “open gates of righteousness”, but he would also give honor, adoration and glory to Jehovah God when He did.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how the Psalmist desired the “righteousness” of Jehovah God. He pictured God's “right and correct manner” of living to be like “gates” that could be “opened” unto him, and he declared that he would enter them at the time they were “opened”. The freely opened opportunity to enjoy a personal relationship with God has been granted through His Son Jesus Christ who was crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we receive God's open invitation to believe and trust in Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us access to His Holy Spirit who will indwell us and teach us God's ways of “righteousness”. Praise the LORD for His “open” invitation to all who will to enter in.

Next time the Psalmist shared about, “this gate of the LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment