Thursday, September 5, 2024

Abundantly Blessed - Psalms 132:15

In Psalms one hundred thirty two the Psalmist said, “the LORD has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his habitation. This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it”, and in chapter one hundred thirty two and verse fifteen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I will abundantly bless her provision” where we read,

I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.

The verse begins, “I will abundantly bless her provision: The Psalmist began with the words, “I will abundantly bless” or “I, Jehovah God, shall exceedingly salute, praise and adore” “her provision” which means “her, Zion or Jerusalem's, food supply, venison and victuals”. The Psalmist shared how Jehovah God promised to exceedingly provide the food supply of Jerusalem.

The verse goes on to say, “I will satisfy her poor with bread. The Psalmist continued with the words, “I will satisfy her poor” or “I, Jehovah God, shall sate, fulfill and surfeit her, Jerusalem's, needy, oppressed and abused” “with bread” which means “by the use of food, grain and meat and victuals”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God would fulfill the food supply of Jerusalem's needy and abused people.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how Jehovah God vowed to provide for needy people of Jerusalem. God wants to be the provision and protection for every person because He loves them, and He proved His love by sending His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. Sin separates people from God, and when we believe and trust in Jesus as our personal “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and caringly provide for us as He does Jerusalem.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I will also clothe her priests with salvation”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment