Thursday, September 5, 2024

This is My Rest Forever - Psalms 132:14

In Psalms one hundred thirty two the Psalmist said, “the LORD has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his habitation”, and in chapter one hundred thirty two and verse fourteen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “this is my rest for ever” where we read,

This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

The verse begins, “This is my rest for ever: The Psalmist began with the words, “this is my rest” or “ this, the city of Jerusalem, exists as my, Jehovah God's, consolation, abode, quiet and resting place” “for ever” which means “for long duration, unto futurity, perpetually and into continuous existence”. The Psalmist shared how Jehovah God chose “Jerusalem” to be His consolation and resting place unto perpetuity.

The verse continues, “here will I dwell; for I have desired it. The Psalmist added the words, “here will I dwell” or “here, or within Jerusalem, shall I, Jehovah God, live, abide, inhabit and set in place”; “for I have desired it” which means “because, since and on account that I, Jehovah God, have coveted, wished for and greatly long for it, Jerusalem”. The Psalmist shared how Jehovah God declared that He would abide in Jerusalem because He greatly longed for it.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist said Jehovah God determined that “Zion” or “Jerusalem” would be where He would “rest” and abide. God wanted Jerusalem to be the place where He lived, and because He desired to save mankind from their sins, He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind just outside of the city of Jerusalem. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to join Him in loving “Jerusalem” and living within it forever. (See Revelation 3:12; 21:2)

Next time the Psalmist says, “I will abundantly bless her provision”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment