Monday, September 2, 2024

Behaved and Quiet - Psalms 131:2

In Psalms one hundred thirty one David said, “LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me”, and in chapter one hundred thirty one and verse two of Psalms David said,“Surely I have behaved and quieted myself” where we read,

Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother:

my soul is even as a weaned child.

The verse begins, “Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: David began with the words, “surely I have behaved” or “instead, rather and in case I, David, resembled, have been made equivalent and adjusted” “and quieted myself” which means “and made still, as dumb and silent my, David's, own self”, “as a child” or “similar and in likeness to an infant or baby” “that is weaned” which means “that exists as recompensed, ripened and adequately requited” “of his mother” or “from his, the child's, female patriarch or progenitor”. David shared how he acted in a silent manner like a small infant that is recompensed and adequately requited by “his mother”.

The verse goes on to say, “my soul is even as a weaned child. David continued with the words, “my soul” or “my, David's, heart, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of emotions and passions” “is even as” which means “exists similar and in likeness to” “a weaned child” or “a recompensed, ripened and adequately requited infant or baby”. David shared how his heart, mind and will also exists like a recompensed and adequately requited infant.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, David said he acted in a silent manner like a child that has been satisfied from it's mother's milk, and his heart and mind were silent as well. David knew how to act before Jehovah God, and when we humble ourselves before Him to receive His Son Jesus who died on the cross for the sins of all mankind, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and teach us to be as silent as a “weaned child” before Him.

Next time David says, “Let Israel hope in the LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment