Friday, September 6, 2024

David's Horn to Bud - Psalms 132:17

In Psalms one hundred thirty two the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said of Zion, “I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread. I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy”, and in chapter one hundred thirty two and verse seventeen of Psalms the Psalmist shared how Jehovah God said, “there will I make the horn of David to bud” where we read,

There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for my anointed.

The verse begins, “There will I make the horn of David to bud: The Psalmist began with the words, “there will I make” or “there, in Jerusalem, shall I, Jehovah God, sprout forth, spring up and cause to grow” “the horn of David” which means “the projecting corners, peaks and rays of light which depict power belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel” “to bud” or “to sprout, spring up and grow abundantly and thickly”. The Psalmist referred to the way that Jehovah God would cause the projecting corners and rays of David's power to spring forth and abundantly grow.

The verse goes on to say, “I have ordained a lamp for my anointed. The Psalmist continued with the words, “I have ordained a lamp” or “I, Jehovah God, have arranged, set in place, caused and prepared a glistening light or candle” “for my anointed” which means “on behalf of my, Jehovah God's, consecrated One or Messiah”. The Psalmist shared how Jehovah God set in place a glistening light on behalf of His consecrated one or Messiah.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how Jehovah God involved Himself in the life of “David” because not only would he be “anointed” a powerful king, but also that he would be preserved as the one through whom His Messiah would come. God gave David power and light because he was to be the one through whom His Son Jesus would be sent into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. Because God strengthened and illuminated David, when we yield our lives to Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and “make and ordain” us to be that which He desires according to His perfect will and plan.

Next time the Psalmist shares how Jehovah God says, “his enemies will I clothe with shame”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment