Sunday, September 1, 2024

I Wait for the LORD - Psalms 130:5

In Psalms one hundred thirty the Psalmist asked, “If you, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with you, that you may be feared”, and in chapter one hundred thirty and verse five of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I wait for the LORD” where we read,

I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, and in his word do I hope.

The verse begins, “I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “I wait” or “I, the Psalmist, look for, hope and linger expectantly” “for the LORD” which means “on behalf of Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “my soul” or “my, the Psalmist's, heart, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of emotions and passions” “does wait” which means “even so and indeed looks for, hopes and lingers expectantly”. The Psalmist shared how his heart, mind and will hoped expectantly for Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “... and in his word do I hope. The Psalmist added the words, “and in his word” or “and within his, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance, business, occupation, acts and manner” “do I hope” which means “do I, the Psalmist, await, expect, tarry and trust”. The Psalmist said he placed his expectancy within Jehovah God's speech, utterance and manner.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist tarried in expectancy within his heart, mind and will for Jehovah God, and God's speech and manner were the objects of his trust. God wants us to trust Him, and when we realize that He not only created us, gave us life and breath and sustains our lives but also gave His only begotten Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, we can do no better than to place our full confidence and faith in Him. God loves us, and we can believe what He has to say. When we do, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and bring us into a relationship with Him that places our full expectancy in Him to work according to His Divine plan and purpose.

Next time the Psalmist says, “My soul waits for the Lord”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment