Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Not Coming into the Tabernacle - Psalms 132:3

In Psalms one hundred thirty two the Psalmist said, “LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: how he swore unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob”, and in chapter one hundred thirty two and verse three of Psalms the Psalmist shared how David said, “I will not come into the tabernacle of my house” where we read,

Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;

The verse begins, “Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “surely I will not come” or “whether and in case I, the Psalmist, shall in no way or manner enter, be enumerated and lead” “into the tabernacle” which means “in the tent, covering or temporary dwelling” “of my house” or “pertaining to my, the Psalmist's, dwelling place, abode, habitation and home”. The Psalmist shared David's promise concerned his resolve not to enter into the tent or temporary dwelling place of his home.

The verse goes on to say, “... nor go up into my bed; The Psalmist continued with the words, “nor go up” or “no and not in any way depart, shoot forth and arise” “into my bed” which means “to my, the Psalmist's, couch, lean-to or chamber”. The Psalmist also considered David's promise not to ascend to his couch or sleeping chamber.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist recalled the time when king David purposed to do a work for Jehovah God. He resolved that he would not return home or go to his bedchamber before he addressed this desire. God loves passion that is directed toward Him, and because He desired to save us for all eternity, He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and put within us a desire to respond to His wonderful works toward everyone.

Next time the Psalmist shares how David said, “I will not give sleep to my eyes”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment