Thursday, July 11, 2024

The LORD is My Strength and Song - Psalms 118:14

In Psalms one hundred eighteen the Psalmist said of the nations that compassed him, “You have thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me”, and in chapter one hundred eighteen and verse fourteen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “the LORD is my strength and song” where we read,

The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.

The verse begins with the words, The LORD is my strength and song, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “is my strength” which means “exists as my, the Psalmist's, might, power and security” “and song” or “music and melody of praise either by voice or instruments”. The Psalmist declared that Jehovah God existed as his power, might, music and melody.

The verse goes on to say, “... and is become my salvation.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “and is become” or “and has existed as, happened, fallen out and come to pass as” “my salvation” which means “my, Jehovah God's, rescue, deliverer, prosperity and liberator”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God existed as his deliverer and liberator.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist declared Jehovah God to be his “power, might, music and deliverer”. God alone is able to save people from their sinful state, and He sent His Son Jesus to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and exist as our might, music and rescuer both in this life and the life to come.

Next time the Psalmist shares about, “the voice of rejoicing and salvation”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment