Tuesday, July 9, 2024

The LORD is on my Side - Psalms 118:6

In Psalms one hundred eighteen the Psalmist said, “I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place”, and in chapter one hundred eighteen and verse six of Psalms the Psalmist said, “the LORD is on my side” where we read,

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

The verse begins with the words, The LORD is on my side; The Psalmist began with the words, “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God”“is on my side” which means “exists along, with and beside me, the Psalmist's”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God was alongside and with him.

The verse continues, “I will not fear: what can man do unto me?” The Psalmist added the words, “I will not fear” or “I, the Psalmist, shall in no way or manner be afraid, stand in awe, honor, respect or be in dread”: “what can man” which means “what act or deed are people whether male or female are able and capable to” “do unto me” or “perform, fashion, accomplish and produce toward me, the Psalmist”? The Psalmist purposed not to be afraid or dread, and he questioned what person was able to perform any act or deed that could harm him.

When we think through the Psalmist's words in this verse, we discover that he knew Jehovah God was with him, and therefore he had no need to be afraid. God and any one person becomes a majority, and no one is able to rise up against them with success. God wants to be alongside everyone, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us with His Holy Spirit for all the days of our lives.

Next time the Psalmist says, “the LORD takes my part with them that help me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment