Tuesday, July 9, 2024

The LORD Taking Part with Helpers - Psalms 118:7

In Psalms one hundred eighteen the Psalmist said, “The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?”, and in chapter one hundred eighteen and verse seven of Psalms the Psalmist said, “the LORD takes my part with them that help me” where we read,

The LORD takes my part with them that help me:

therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.

The verse begins with the words, The LORD takes my part with them that help me: The Psalmist began with the words, “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God”“takes my part with them” which means “is for me, the Psalmist's, alongside and beside the people whether male or female” “that help me” or “who support, succor, give aid and assistance to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist declared that Jehovah God was for him alongside the people who come to his aid.

The verse goes on to say, “therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “therefore shall I see my desire” or “then, wherefore and on this account will I, the Psalmist observe, notice, discover and discern my, the Psalmist's, want and passion” “upon them” which means “on the people whether male or female” “that hate me” or “who are as foes, adversaries, enemies and odious to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said the result of Jehovah God taking his side would be that he would observe what he wanted to occur to the people who were his enemies and foes.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist knew Jehovah God accompanied him, and he knew the people who supported him as well. This truth caused the Psalmist to perceive that he would observe what he desired for his enemies and foes. God is a God of vengeance, however, He decides when and what shall be done those who are enemies of His people. (See Isaiah 63:4 and Romans 12:19) God wants everyone to humble themselves, repent of their sins and receive His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”. Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the whole world, and when we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to see Him take action against those who are in opposition to Him and us.

Next time the Psalmist says, “It is better to trust in the LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment